Monday, March 7, 2011

Fashion in Africa




So I was talking to my cousin the other day about how the fashion industry is still somewhat lacking in diversity and could stand a touch of something new. Its kind of sad when you try to think of at least two or three main stream African American designers and the only person that comes to mind is...Tracy Reese. I know it probably means I just need to do a little more digging but it is an indication that the world still hasn't changed as much as we all thought and it's about time it shake things up a bit.
Naturally I started searching for fashion in Africa and I came across this really cool project called fashion in Africa that features some very talented designers (many from Tunisia). Apparently fashion has become a means of bringing the continent together, celebrating culture and strengthening the economy. Watch the video above. You'll love it !Muuahhh!

2 comments:

  1. Brining the continent together? Celebrating culture? Strengthening the economy? My heart is about to jump out of my chest! Such important things. My favorite fashion is fashion that reflects the earth, other cultures, and ethnic backgrounds. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I hope people catch on!!
    x.o. Mattie @ Odelma

    ReplyDelete